Windows 8 the latest operating system from Microsoft provides a huge and varied list of options which allows to customize our PC in just the way we want it to work. That also involves providing alot of personal information to access the cloud service. Now if you are planning on selling your PC or you want to remove all the customization and personal information than you can Reset Windows 8.
By doing a Reset to Windows 8 you are actually doing alot of different tasks like deleting all user profiles and data, removing application cache, invalid Windows registry entries, MRU lists, and uninstalling application from third party developers. This ensures that your PC is again reverted back as if a fresh and clean copy of Windows 8 was installed just now.
To Reset Windows 8 you can follow these simple procedures :
3. You will be now Prompted with a list of changes that will be done while your PC is being Reset. Click on Next.
4. Windows 8 will now reboot your PC and start the Reset process. The total time taken to complete the Reset process will depend on your hardware configuration, hard-disk size and the magnitude of modifications you have made in your PC.
5. Now as the Windows 8 PC is being Refreshed you can see the Progress from the screen.
6. Once the Reset process is complete your PC will reboot again and update the Registry Settings.
7. Windows 8 will now identify all devices and prepare them for use.
8. Now you will be prompted to enter the License Key. You can enter the License Key now or Skip this step for now. For Windows 8 Developer Preview you can use these License Keys :
For Windows 8 Developer Preview : 6RH4V-HNTWC-JQKG8-RFR3R-36498
For Windows 8 Server Developer Preview : 4Y8N3-H7MMW-C76VJ-YD3XV-MBDKV
9. In the License Terms step click on Accept.
10. Now Windows 8 will start getting loaded in your PC, enter the Personalization details and follow the on-screen steps to set up your PC.
Thats it ! Simple and Easy.
With this option of Reset Microsoft has made a free alternative to restore your system with a simple solution. You can also access the Reset wizard by going to Troubleshoot window and then Boot Menu.
For an easy step by step tutorial on how to Refresh your Windows 8 PC click here.