With Windows 7 Microsoft provided an option to Refresh the PC so that you can go back to factory setting. This is very handy when you want to remove all your custom configuration when you are selling your PC or when the computer is showing too many fatal errors and you want to revert back to the stable point. Microsoft with Windows 8 have continued to provide the feature in Windows 8.
We recommend our readers to Refresh Windows 8 only when their system has become non-responsive or behaving in an undesirable manner. You can also boost up the performance of your PC by removing any applications installed from third-party resources.
To Refresh Your Windows 8 PC just follow these simple instructions. Before we proceed we request our users to make a back-up of all those Apps that they want to use continually after the refresh.
1. Go to Control Panel from the Start screen and go to the General window.
2. On the right side of the screen go to Refresh your PC without affecting your files and click on Get Started.
3. Windows 8 will prompt you the changes that will be done when your PC is refreshed. Now Click on Next.
4. Windows 8 will now start preparing your PC for Refresh.
5. After the Refresh has been prepared your Windows 8 PC will reboot and start Refreshing. You can see the Progess in the Progress bar below.
6. When the Windows 8 reboots you will be taken to the Start screen where you will see only default and native Windows 8 utilities and widgets. Restore the back-up of the Apps you have made.
Thats it ! Unlike Windows 7 which had a rather long and exhausting Refresh Process Windows 8 provides the functionality to Refresh your PC with ease.