Well now you got your Hands on Motorola Droid Bionic, played with it for sometime, now might be getting bored and want to try something new? Well what about rooting it, yes now you can root your Motorola droid Bionic Android mobile phone and get root access. Not only Motorola droid Bionic you can root several other Motorola phones with this Method.
Now Lets read the Disclaimer, if you root this phone using this Method, YOU CANNOT UNROOT IT.
As of now Motorola has also got aware of this Method and might be releasing and OTA update soon, so you better stay away from Updates
List of Motorola Phone you can root using this method
- Motorola Cliq
- Motorola Cliq 2
- Motorola DROID (although there are better methods since this is a Google experience device)
- Motorola DROID 2 Global
- Motorola DROID 3
- Motorola DROID Bionic
- Motorola DROID Pro
- Motorola DROID X (click for special notes)
- Motorola DROID X2
Now Let start the Rooting Procedure without any further delay
1. First and foremost you need to download this One-click root package from this psouza(the guy who did it) link
2.When you have downloaded the package you need to extract the content of package on your drive.
3.Now connect the phone to pc using the USB cable, the phone should be connected and recognized
4.If for any reason after connecting the phone, it is not getting recognized, then download the below Motorola USB drivers and install them, then connect the phone
- Windows universal 32-bit Motorola drivers version 5.2.0
- Windows universal 64-bit Motorola drivers version 5.2.0
5.once your phone is recognized, you need to enable USB debugging on your phone. To enable USB debugging you can visit our guide How to Enable Usb Debugging Android Mobile Or to save your time, I’ll write a shorter version here.
Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB Debugging.
6. Now finally click on the Pete’s Motorola Root Tools.exe you will get following screen.
7. Simply follow the onscreen instruction root your phone.
Well we can see UNROOT MY PHONE, but psouza has not said anything about it, so we’ll refrain, you might try and let us know