Just yesterday Apple had released iOS 5 Beta 7. We had also reported the launch of iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 and how to Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 7 with the help of RedsnOw.
While RedsnOw works for Windows or Mac but for those iDevice users who are looking for a carrier unlock we recommend using SnOwbreeze. iPhone Developer iH8sn0w has just released the latest SnOwbreeze 2.8b7 which Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 7 and also preserve the old baseband as hacktivation is supported.
Change log of Sn0wbreeze 2.8b7 for Windows is as follows:
sn0wbreeze v2.8b7 – Release Notes
* Now jailbreaks iOS 5 beta 7.
* Still removes UDID Developer check + Beta timer.
* Still has the ability to hacktivate.
* Still preserves the baseband (as always!).
Supported Devices and Tethered?
* iPhone 3GS (old bootrom)…..NO
* iPhone 3GS (new bootrom)….YES
* iPhone 4 (GSM)…………..YES
* iPhone 4 (CDMA)………….YES
* iPod Touch 3G……………YES
* iPod Touch 4…………….YES
* iPad 1G…………………YES
** REMEMBER TO BOOT WITH “iBooty” **
By default there are also Expiry timers on Beta releases and for iOS 5 Beta 7 it is October 20th. SnOwbreeze can also easily remove that expiry timer and also disable UDID check.
Except for old boot-rom iPhone 3GS which is having untethered jailbreak all the other devices can be given tethered jailbreak. This tool doesnt support iOS 5 Jailbreak in iPad 2.
Sn0wbreeze 2.8b7 for Windows can be downloaded from here.
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 7 On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch, iPad Using Redsn0w 0.9.8b7
- Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 5 With Sn0wbreeze V2.8 Beta 5
- RedsnOw 0.9.8b7 Released For Windows And OS X Lion
- How To Download And Install iOS 5 Beta 7 And iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 Without A Developers Account
- How To Jailbreak iOS 5 Beta 6 Using RedsnOw For Your iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad & iPod Touch