Apple had just yesterday launched the the iOS Beta 7 and iTunes 10.5 Beta to developers. While Developers can get their hands on these new updates right away but for those who do not have one its quite a difficult task unless you buy the Developers Account for $ 99 a year. Here we will show you how to direct download these new updates without a developers account and install it on your iPhone 4/3GS, iPod Touch or iPad.
Before we further go to the tutorial you will require to download the new iOS 5 Beta 7 and iTunes 10.5 Beta 7. You can download them by clicking here. You will also need the latest version of iTunes in order to restore your device back to previous versions. Once you have downloaded you just have to :
1. Install iOS 5 Beta 7 on your iDevice using iTunes. Do not set-up your iDevice in iTunes.
2. Jailbreak your iDevice. For a step-by-step tutorial on how to Jailbreak iOS Beta 7 click here.
3. Now to activate your device you need to delete a key and a string from the file system. You can use iFunBox to access the file system.
4. Once you have iFunBox launch it and type the file location :filesystem/library/coreservices/systemversion.plist.
5. Right Click on the file and open it in Notepad then locate and remove <key>ReleaseType</key> <string>beta</string> from the file.
Thats it you are all done. You just have to now reboot your device and as the Jailbreak is Tethered you will need to boot by connecting to a computer which has RedsnOw installed in it. Now enjoy the latest releases of iOS Beta 7 and iTunes 10.5 Beta 7 on your device without a developers account. Your carrier service will also worked smoothly with this tweak.
Note: Installing without the developers account is highly un-official. This post is for educational purpose only. You can also expose your iDevice to system errors. Although you can always be able to restore your device from iTunes. Do comment below if you face any problems.
iFunBox is a free File Manager for your iDevice for Windows platform. Its a very handy tool and we recommend our readers to use it. To download iFunBox click here.